- Learn professional contouring techniques to define and sculpt your face.
Contouring is the makeup technique that can transform your face, chiseling out your cheekbones and adding dimension. To master the art of contouring like a pro, follow these techniques for beautifully sculpted cheekbones:
**1. Choose the Right Contour Shade:**
- Select a matte contour shade that is a few shades darker than your skin tone. It should have a cool undertone for a natural shadow effect.
**2. Find Your Cheekbone Placement:**
- To locate your cheekbones, make a fish face by sucking in your cheeks. The hollows that form beneath your cheekbones are where you should apply your contour.
**3. Blend, Blend, Blend:**
- Blendability is key to a natural look. Use a makeup brush or sponge to blend your contour product seamlessly into your skin.
**4. The 3-E Technique:**
- Imagine the number "3" on the side of your face. Start at your temple, curve in along your hairline, and then follow the hollow of your cheekbone. Blend this shape to create a subtle contour.
**5. Less is More:**
- Start with a small amount of product and build it up gradually. It's easier to add more than to remove excess contour.
**6. Highlight the High Points:**
- Apply a highlighting product to the tops of your cheekbones, just above the contour. This creates contrast and accentuates your sculpted cheeks.
**7. Blend Again:**
- After applying your highlighter, go back and blend the edges of both the contour and highlight for a seamless transition.
**8. Set with Powder:**
- To make your contour last all day, set it with a translucent powder. This will also help reduce shine on your cheekbones.
**9. Practice Makes Perfect:**
- Contouring can be challenging at first, but practice makes perfect. Experiment with different techniques and products until you find what works best for your face shape.
**10. Natural Light Check:**
- After applying your contour, check your makeup in natural light to ensure it looks flawless. This will help you spot any areas that need further blending or adjustment.
Remember that contouring is about enhancing your natural features, not drastically altering your appearance. With practice and these pro techniques, you can achieve beautifully sculpted cheekbones that highlight your best features.